In today’s time, hair loss has become one of the most common problems in both men and women. The reasons can vary from genetics, under-active thyroid glands, stress, hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiency, aging, scalp infection, certain medical conditions or medicines, air pollution, and insufficient blood circulation.
Other problems like dandruff, dry hair, split hairs, and greying have become a part of our daily lives. So, it is pretty essential to stop hair loss from its early onset to push your nightmares a little further.
If you suffer from hair loss, your self-esteem and confidence will also decrease. You may feel inferior to your appearance because of your thinning hairline. You will think that you can’t help yourself, but that is not the case. There are many home remedies for hair loss.
To treat your hair loss, you first need to know the reason why your hair is thinning. So, know the real reason after consulting a doctor and implementing suitable natural home remedies for hair loss.
Additionally, many hair fall treatment options are available in the market, but their cost can be very high. With various home remedies for hair loss available in our house, you can remove the hair fall problem without breaking your bank.
Yes, that is right. So, here is a list of various home remedies for hair fall that are simple, cheap, and effective.
Effective Home Remedies for Hair Loss:
When you want to increase hair growth and get rid of the hair falling problem, opt for these home remedies for hair loss. These natural remedies for hair loss put a pause & full stop to your frustrating & tiring hair fall problem.
Massage Your Scalp
Massage your scalp as it can help restore hair growth and be used in conjunction with hair oils. Massaging has the ability to stimulate the scalp and improve the thickness of your hair. Keep some time reserved to massage your scalp as it can help you relieve stress and tension.
The dermal papilla cells present in our heads are stimulated because of the stretching forces applied during the massage. This can lead to hair growth and improved hair health.
Buy hair oil according to your hair type, as the benefits of good hair oil cannot be stressed enough. A good hair oil combined with massage can strengthen your hair and stop hair fall problems. So, whenever you buy hair oil, buy according to the type of hair you have.
You can use your fingers to massage or buy a massaging device to massage your scalp and relax the nerves. This can also enhance the blood circulation in the area. Increased blood flow leads to more nutrients delivered to the hair follicles, thus encouraging hair growth.
- Take hair oil in your hand and lightly massage your scalp in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Let it sit for an hour, and then wash it off with a shampoo.
- Repeat this process two times a week.
- You can use various oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, almond oil, and castor oil to massage your scalp.
Also Read: Massage Therapy: Therapeutic Relief At Home!
Onions are not only healthy to consume but can do wonders for your hair. Onion is full of antibacterial properties that can help you fight against scalp infection. The sulfur content present in the onion juice can also help improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, hence it encourages hair growth and controls hair loss. Therefore, onion juice is considered one of the most effective natural remedies for hair loss.
However, there is one downside of onion juice. Not everybody can handle its smell. If you are successful in bearing its scent, you will be able to enjoy its excellent benefits. There is evidence that shows onion juice can also treat patchy alopecia areata by promoting hair growth.
Onion juice is one of the oldest natural remedies for hair loss. It has the ability to boost collagen production in the tissue and help your body to re-growth hair. All you have to do is bear its pungent smell, which will be gone after just one rinse.
You Will Need:
- Juice of 1 onion
- Cotton ball
- Grind the onion and squeeze the juice to make onion juice
- First, dip the cotton ball into the prepared onion juice.
- Apply it to the scalp.
- Rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take a bath and wash the onion juice off your head using normal water and a mild shampoo.
- Follow this process two times a week for encouraging results.
Coconut oil is a wonder oil for our hair, brimming with fatty acids that can penetrate the hair shaft and reduce the protein loss from hair. You can use it to massage your scalp before you wash your hair or apply it afterward as per the type of your hair.
If you don’t like your head full of oil, you can choose to go for the leave-in treatment overnight. Massage your scalp with coconut oil at night and wash them while taking a bath in the morning. People with dry hair problems can use this treatment for better results.
However, more research is needed to confirm the effects of coconut oil and its role in hair growth. However, enough evidence shows that coconut oil can improve the health and luster of hair and rightly has been used for centuries.
Additionally, coconut oil is full of compounds that naturally condition your hair and promote hair growth over time. Coconut oil is enriched in essential minerals, lauric acid, iron, and potassium, averting hair breakage. To use coconut oil, follow the below-given instructions:
You Will Need:
- Four tbs of coconut oil
- Take a bowl and pour coconut oil into it.
- Heat the coconut oil until it is slightly warm.
- Now, dip your fingertips in the oil and massage your scalp with it.
- After massaging your scalp for 20 minutes, apply oil to the rest of your hair
- Now, you can leave it overnight and wash them in the morning or leave it for at least an additional 30 minutes.
- Rinse the oil out with shampoo.
- Do this twice or thrice a week for outstanding results.
Licorice root is known for its ability to prevent hair loss and stop further damage to the hair. Using this herb will also soothe your scalp and get rid of dandruff from your head. It is filled with loads of minerals and properties and is considered one of the best natural remedies for hair loss.
Licorice root will open pores and reach the roots of your hair to strengthen weak hair follicles, preventing hair loss. For best results, apply it every week, or you can drink tea made from this herb.
You Will Need:
- Crushed licorice root
- One cup of milk
- Saffron strands
- Make a paste using licorice roots, saffron, and one cup of milk.
- Now, apply this paste to your scalp and leave it on overnight.
- The following day, wash your hair with shampoo.
- Do this process twice a week for incredible results.
Aloe vera has been used as a natural home remedy for hair loss from ancient times. It soothes the scalp and conditions your hair.
You can use aloe vera gel and apply it to your head as much as you want. You can also go to the market and buy shampoo and conditioner that contain aloe vera. It is considered one of the best natural remedies for hair loss.
Aloe Vera also boosts hair growth and reduces itching and flaking in the scalp.
The usage of aloe vera will naturally balance the pH level of the scalp and reduce the problem related to dry scalp and hair fall problems. Also Aloe Vera has many More Health Benefits.
When you use aloe vera for your hair, it soothes the scalp, repairs the damaged ones, and provides our hair cells with a nourishing environment to grow and flow freely. Sebum is the oil that blocks our hair follicles, and aloe vera is very effective in cleaning it up. All you have to do is massage pure aloe vera gel along your scalp.
Additionally, the proteolytic enzymes present in the aloe vera will help heal and repair dead skin cells. This could result in hair growth. You can also consume aloe vera juice to promote hair growth.
You Will Need:
- Half bowl of aloe vera gel
- Take a giant aloe vera leaf and extract half a cup of gel by slicing the leaf with a knife and simply scooping the gel out.
- Smoothen the gel with the help of a blender.
- Dip your fingers in the gel and massage your scalp with your fingertips.
- Massage for 5 minutes and leave it for another 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Do this twice a week for better results.
When your scalp has gone through severe and prolonged dryness, it will result in dandruff, poor hair luster, and increased hair loss. To curb this problem, you can use jojoba oil. In this treatment, you will apply jojoba oil on your dry scalp and moisturize the hair follicles, strengthening new hair and keeping them healthy and strong.
Jojoba oil will also stimulate the reproduction of hair cells and doesn’t leave any greasy signs after being washed out. With the help of jojoba oil, you can get your hairs’ health on track once again and repair damages inflicted due to severe and prolonged dryness.
Due to its properties, jojoba oil is considered one of the best home remedies for hair loss, as you can quickly get your hands on this oil.
You Will Need:
- Half cup of jojoba oil.
- To use this natural oil, pour it into a steel bowl and warm it.
- Take a few drops of oil in your hands, and massage it into your scalp.
- Let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Wash it with the usual shampoo and conditioner.
- Do this process twice or thrice a week to get better results.
Try these home and natural remedies for hair loss to improve the health of your hair. However, keep in mind that these treatments can take a few months to show noticeable results. Have patience, and you will get the desired results without breaking your bank.