Our skin stays in danger all the time as it is exposed to all kinds of grime like dirt, sebum, oil, and dead skin cells every day. This can lead to clogged pores and hair follicles that can eventually cause various skin-related concerns.
As the name suggests, blackheads are black and have a small appearance, and it will look like tiny bumps raised on the skin’s surface. When oil and sebum block the pores of your skin, you will see these little devils on your face.
When you don’t take proper care of your skin and forget to clean it every day, the oil will settle in the pores. Blackheads are tricky, and no matter how well you take care of your skin, they will just pop up, often at the worst possible time.
Now, you will need to take the help of a skilled esthetician, as getting rid of those annoying little spots can be a more vicious process than you ever imagined. At times, you will feel like scrubbing them off or pulling them out with a pore strip to clear the gunk, but stop yourself from doing that as it can worsen the issue.
Our noses are the oiliest part of our body, and hence, you will always see the presence of blackheads there. Now, you will wonder, is there any way you can get rid of these irritating blackheads? Well, there are some home remedies for blackheads that can help you deal with them.
Effective Home Remedies to Clean Blackheads
What follows are some of the home remedies for blackheads that can help you deal with these stubborn face-spoilers:
For centuries, egg whites have been used to treat blackheads as they are rich in nutrients and have skin-tightening properties. These properties can help you curb the appearance of blackheads on your face.
Hence, they are widely known as one of the best home remedies for blackheads and are very effective in clearing the lesions present on the skin. So, using an egg white mask will not only nourish your skin but will also help you get rid of the blackheads by temporarily tightening the pores on your face.
- First of all, you will need to break the egg and separate the white part from the yolk.
- Now, wash your face, pat-dry it, and apply a significant layer of egg white on your skin.
- Then, take tissue and place it over the layer of egg white mask.
- Now, gently press it and then apply the second layer over the tissue.
- Keep using it until 3 to 4 layers. However, make sure each layer is dry before you proceed to apply the next layer.
- Slowly, peel the tissue off and wash your face to clear any egg white present on your face.
- Pat-dry your face and moisturize your face.
Honey and Milk Strips
We all know how magical organic honey can be. The mixture of honey and milk is one of the most beneficial combinations for our face and skin. Additionally, you can use this mixture to get rid of the blackheads as well.
The pore strips made from milk and honey are considered one of the best home remedies to clean blackheads due to honey’s antibacterial and soothing properties and milk’s calcium and lactic acid components.
Also Read: Amazing Health Benefits Of Honey.
- Take a medium bowl and add one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of milk.
- Now, heat this mixture in a microwave for around 10 seconds.
- Carefully, take it out and mix it thoroughly.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Once it is cool enough, apply a thin layer of this mixture onto your skin.
- Now, pat a strip of cotton and let it dry there.
- Let it sit there for around 20 minutes and peel off the cotton strip carefully.
- Then, rinse it with cold water and make sure you moisturize your face.
This is, by far, one of the used home remedies for blackheads as it will help you keep the skin clean and reduce the excess oils from the area where blackheads might develop. According to The American Academy of Dermatology, using a body wash with benzoyl peroxide can effectively help you deal with blackheads.
Purchase a body wash that has at least 5.3% benzoyl peroxide. You can also buy body washes with up to 10% benzoyl peroxide without any prescription. Apply it to the affected area, leave it there for 2 minutes and rinse it off.
This is an essential skincare habit you should adopt if you want to get away from blackheads, as the double cleansing will ensure that all water-soluble, as well as oil-soluble impurities, are removed from your skin.
This is the best way to soften the stubborn blackheads and then eventually clean them away. Using steam is a very effective way to deal with blackheads as it will make the skin sweat, which will clear toxins from within the skin.
As it softens the blackheads, it will be easy to remove them from the skin. It will soften the sebum that was clogging the pores on your face. This is one of the most accessible home remedies to clean blackheads, and you can do it multiple times a week.
With this home remedy, you will no longer need to use products after products as a simple face steaming session will be enough for you. It will not only help you get rid of the blackheads but will also hydrate your skin, soothe it, encourage circulation, and promote collagen production.
- Fill a pot with 4 to 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. You can add some fresh herbs to it.
- Now, pour the water into a bowl and set it on a table.
- Bend over the bowl and take steam by trapping it with a towel.
- Continue to do it until steam is coming.
- Do this regularly for better results.
Try Blackheads-Clearing Topicals
Topical applications can help you break the oil plug that leads to blackheads. However, you will need to have patience during this treatment as it can take time to work. A person may have to apply them daily for several weeks before you see improvements.
Some of the topical applications are:
Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA)
AHA are fruit acids that can encourage exfoliation. For example, glycolic, mandolin, and lactic acids are considered alpha hydroxy acids. These topicals will promote skin peeling and decrease blackheads.
It is derived from the willow tree and considered a natural peeling agent that can encourage peeling away the pore plugs.
Tea tree oil
When there is a talk of skin complications, you will always find tea tree oil there. It is considered one of the best home remedies for blackheads as it is brimming with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
For better results, you can directly apply it on the blackheads or mix it with other natural oils like jojoba, almond, or olive oil.
Read More: About Ayurvedic Herbs.
Try Turmeric and Coconut Oil
Long before the West started promoting turmeric for skin problems, the people of India and Indonesia were already using it as a skincare ingredient for thousands of years. And to no surprise, turmeric can also help you get rid of the blackheads due to its antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
These characteristics can give glow and lustre to the skin, whereas mixing coconut oil can also help you soothe and hydrate the skin. When you combine these amazingly beneficial ingredients, you will have one of the best and effective home remedies to clean blackheads.
However, you will need to keep in mind that turmeric can temporarily stain your skin. So, use it 24-hours before an important event, or you may have to attend the function with an orange-ish face.
Also you should know about other Health Benefits of Turmeric.
- Take a small bowl, add one tbsp of turmeric, and then add one teaspoon of coconut oil to form a paste.
- Now, apply the paste to the affected areas and let it sit there for around 13 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this paste 3 to 4 times a week to get rapid results.
Before using any home remedies for blackheads, consider the potential damages and irritation to the skin. Blackheads are one of the most common problems, and worrying about them can make it worse. So, be stress-free and try these home remedies to clear blackheads and enjoy clear skin!